After a summertime of planning, Yuengling Oktoberfest 2011 will take place at Blair County Ballpark starting tomorrow at 4 p.m. We as a staff are excited for this inaugural event and hope that everyone coming enjoys themselves and has a safe, as well as, fun time.
Here’s the skinny on what’s going on at the event tomorrow:
Below you’ll find a PDF of the layout and on-field setup for Oktoberfest.
– Pittsburgh’s Grammy Nominee and Grammy Winner Participant Dick Tady Orchestra will take the stage first from approximately 4-4:45 p.m. and then after a 15 minute break be back at it from 5-5:45 p.m. Mr. Oktoberfest Joe Maloy hits the stage at 6 and will play the next two sets before the Dick Tady Orchestra finishes up the event with the last two sets of the evening (times are approximate and subject to change).
– German-style food will be served out of the third-base picnic area (down the left-field line) and feature German meatballs, haluski, pierogies, sauerkraut, bratwurst, hot dogs, corn dogs, hot pretzels, soda & water. A two-hour all-you-can-eat buffet (no beer included) will be available for $15 or you can purchase a plate for $4
– Beers will be sold for $3 per 22oz. stein
– Smoking areas on the field are located in each of the corners in left and right field.
– Attendees are encouraged to bring cash to Yuengling Oktoberfest 2011 as there will be one ATM, located in front of the Curve Caboose on the lower level of the stadium. Cash (or Curve coins which you can purchase at the gate when you enter), will be the only forms of payment accepted for beer & food on the field.
Here’s what we’ll be wearing come Saturday night! A limited number of these shirts will be available at the event only. What will you wear?
Hope to see you there!